Thursday, December 24, 2009

"Rows and Flows of Angel Hair, an Ice Cream Castle in the Air...

... So many things I would have done, but clouds got in the way. " -Joni Mitchell

Self reflection is a beautiful thing. And it is always interesting what can spark that reflection; a song, a house, a look, a smile. Where have you been, what have you done, why have you made the choices you have? And most importantly what have you learned from it.

Some recently asked me what I was looking for out of life, love and how the two will co-exist. And I didn’t have an answer. His response was to figure it out. Without knowing what I’m looking for, I will never find it. Such wise words, from such a young man.

I drove past the house that I almost bought three years ago. I saw the pumpkins on the door step, the broken-down Bonneville in the driveway, and the coiled up yellow-hose on the side of the house. If you would have asked me what I wanted out of life and love and how the two would co-exist, back then, my answer would have been much simpler than it is today. A dog, a boy, a roommate or two and job that made it all possible. Pretty simple, huh?

I would like to say I have moved on from simple. Simple was who I was and simplicity is something I appreciate, however, to be simple is not where my dreams can be experienced nor appreciated.

p.s. Have a very Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and if I don’t post before, Happy New Years!

No comments:

Post a Comment

no animals were affected in the creating and testing of this blog.