Monday, January 12, 2009

Numero Uno

First post, Brace yourself.

Its the first day back to school in 2009. The first day back always seems a little ambiguous perhaps not as much in the winter as in the fall, but nonetheless, still feel this period of reconnection is inevitable. Just getting back in that grove and shaking off the post holiday funk. But you know there is always that awkward run in: Ex lover, Ex friend, Ex roommate, Ex crush from last semester, Ex coworker they are all back too and have a different schedule than last semester when you never saw them or in the case of the crush, saw them every tuesday/thursday. Smile, say hello, ask about the break, don't trip as you walk away.
Cardinal rule: always look hot on the first day of classes. There are just too many people to impress to be sloppy. Even if you ride the bike, its snowing, the wind is blowing 85 mph; they are all excuses!

One great thing about back to school, besides shopping, is normalcy. Glad to be back in the swing of things, and of course get closer to the end.

Now lets discuss the amazing break we have just experienced:
  • First art show! A great turn out, amazing food, great drinks, pleanty of drinks, good looking people, doing good things for a good reason.
  • No one has sang me "Happy Birthday" yet. That is a great thing!
  • My family came to the show, and suprised me on my door step. I had no idea they were coming and it was the best suprise I could have asked for!
  • One Megan replaced another. That was pretty cool.
  • Booked first modeling gig. A fashion runway show for Torrid. Huge confidence booster
  • Turned away a boy. Also another huge confidence booster.
  • Met an amazing man, who may not be long term but makes me feel giddy inside. and that is all I care about right now.
  • Bought a kick ass vintage bike. a Townie. Its sweet and its the perfect blue.
  • Also purchased a even more kick ass camera. Nikon D60. You should be jealous. I would be.
I'm gonna go strut my shit on campus, in the middle of the mild blizzard that I just noticed, and run into every awkard moment just so I can remind them how Hot I am. (so Hot, snow melts... sorry that was corny)

No comments:

Post a Comment

no animals were affected in the creating and testing of this blog.