Wednesday, September 08, 2010

New Attitude.


I was recently "deleted" from facebook* from (whom I considered) a good friend.
Before the deletion ever occurred, I knew it was going to happen. Like a sixth sense I knew. With a friendly "Peace" posting before the confirm button was pressed, I knew the confirmation was about me.

The next morning I woke to a strange feeling. Not happy or sad, upset or confused. I know this person, how he thinks and why he did it. I get it.

There was no blame, no shame and no returned text message (two days after the deletion). It was for real. The man did not want to be my friend; not in person or in cyberspace.

He had wasted my time and I gave him attitude for it. That was the straw that broke the camels back. ...So why don't I feel this complete loss. A good friend has thrown me "the deuces" and said "buh-bye" (thank you Chris Brown).

In the last six years I could tell you every emotion I experienced when I "lost" a good friend. Majority of those are quite similar, but this experience is a new one for the books. And I wonder if it has to do with my new found pride for my own time because its so precious My attitude is no-longer the people-pleaser it once was.

I know if I ever needed him, he would come through. I don't question if we will ever cross paths again, I know we will... but right now... I'm doing me and I'm throwing up my own emotional "deuces".


*To be "deleted" from facebook implies that a Facebook friend has deleted you as a friend. This, as simple as facebook is, is huge. To be deleted is the formal way tell someone buh-bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

no animals were affected in the creating and testing of this blog.